Istanbul Airport Transfer As the COVID-19 situation evolves, we’re changing our policies to better serve you. Travelers with stays in May, June or julyare covered by our COVID-19 Emergency Policy. When the time is right and your family is ready to travel again, we’ll be here to provide you with a space to reconnect with loved ones.
We know many of you are quickly trying to adjust or cancel your reservations due to the situation with COVID-19,
Preventive Measures taken at Istanbul Airport to fight the Coronavirus (Covid-19) Outbreak
Efforts on the preventive measures that can be taken against coronavirus are being carried out with utmost care and diligence, acting in collaboration with the Turkish Ministry of Health, the Turkish General Directorate of Health Services for Borders and Coasts and İGA Airport Operation Inc. To date, several preventive measures have been taken and put in immediate practice at Istanbul Airport, including the following:
- 24/7 thermal camera surveillance,
- Filter and duct cleaning works in ventilation ducts and filter disinfection activities,
- Frequent disinfection activities both in the terminal building and transportation vehicles (taxi, Havaist buses, IETT buses, COBUS vehicles used for apron service etc.),
- Distribution of banners and flyers at thermal camera surveillance and transfer points, and notably passport checkpoints, by the Turkish MoH General Directorate of Health Services for Borders and Coasts to inform the passengers on the disease,
- Hand sanitizer stations, and
- Staff trainings.
What can I do if my reservation is affected by the coronavirus (COVID-19)?
The World Health Organization (WHO) declared a Public Health Emergency of International Concern (PHEIC) for the current outbreak of the coronavirus, known as COVID-19. We’re closely monitoring official guidance from local government and health authorities as well as listening to feedback from our travelers, property owners, and property managers. We will update this article as more information becomes available.
- Review local travel recommendations and restrictions for your destination in addition to following guidance from the World Health Organization.
- Review the property’s cancellation policies.
- Consider purchasing travel insurance which may provide coverage for illness due to COVID-19 should you be diagnosed and prevented from travel at the time of your departure. It may not provide coverage for travel bans, quarantine, or fear of travel. Be sure to carefully read the policy coverage for details.
- For additional assistance, please contact Customer Support by clicking Contact Us below or calling +905447899919
What we are doing as part of our COVID-19 emergency policy
To help ease uncertainty during this time, we have rolled out a policy that strikes the best balance of protecting travelers, property owners, property managers, and the public. For every traveler who paid hard-earned money for a getaway they may not take, there is a property owner who relies on clear cancellation policies and the associated money within those policies to pay their mortgage and hard-working employees.
We’re refunding our service fee on all cancellations. Whether your cancellation was due to travel restrictions, government mandate, or simply looking out for the best interest of your family and loved ones, we’re refunding the money we make through our service fee. You don’t have to do anything to collect the refund of this fee; it will automatically be issued over the next few weeks.
- Consider purchasing travel insurance. Travel insurance may provide coverage for illness due to COVID-19 should you be diagnosed and prevented from travel at the time of your departure. It may not provide coverage for travel bans, quarantine, or fear of travel. Be sure to carefully read the policy coverage for details.
- Consider rescheduling your reservation. You can request to modify your dates from your traveler account or by communicating directly with the owner or property manager through our secure messaging system.
Where can I find out more information regarding travel or health advisories?
We strongly recommend that all travelers, owners, and property managers follow health and safety information from health officials as well as travel advisories from local authorities. Please also see how the Coronavirus impacts your Transfer.